The Board: Profile Janet Torney
Chair (Employer Representative)
Appointed: October 2015
- Bachelor of economics
Summary of Relevant Experience
Janet Torney is a professional Director and Chairman with strong experience in governance, strategy, risk management, investments and member-based organisations. She has served on various committees of all her Boards.
Janet is a former CEO of Qantas Superannuation, leader of investment businesses, and has been on the Boards of numerous superannuation and investment industry organisations.
Janet holds a Bachelor of Economics with First Class Honours, a Diploma of Financial Services and is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Current and recently held positions:
- Chairman, Whitehelm Capital (April 2013 - present)
- Director, Techfront Australia
- Director, Australian Re-insurance Pool Corporation (2015 - present)
- Director, Australian Cricketers Association (November 2015 - present)
- Director, Fire Brigades Employees’ Credit Union (2015 - present)
- Director and Treasurer, Girl Guides Australia (2013 - present)
- Nominations Committee Member, Basketball Australia (2015 - present)
- Director and Secretary, JTDJW Pty Ltd (June 2015 - present)
- Director, E.L.W. Properties Pty Ltd (March 1999 - present)
- Director, E.L. Williams Pty Ltd (September 1995 - present)
- Trustee Director, Citicorp Australia Group Retirement Fund (1987 – 1988)
Current Club Plus Super Committee Membership
- Remuneration Committee - Member
- Investment Committee - Chair