The Board: Profile Janet Torney
Deputy Chair (Employer Representative)
Appointed: October 2015
Summary of Relevant Experience
Janet Torney is a professional Director and Chairman with strong experience in governance, strategy, risk management, investments and member-based organisations. She has served on various committees of all her Boards.
Janet is a former CEO of Qantas Superannuation, leader of investment businesses, and has been on the Boards of numerous superannuation and investment industry organisations.
Janet holds a Bachelor of Economics with First Class Honours, a Diploma of Financial Services and is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Current and recently held positions:
- Chairman, Whitehelm Capital
- Director, Techfront Australia
- Member, Australian Re-insurance Pool Corporation
- Director, Australian Cricketers Association
- Director and Treasurer, Girl Guides Australia
- Nomination Committee Member, Basketball Australia
- Consultant - financial services and engineering services
- CEO, Qantas Superannuation (2007 - 2011)
- Trustee Director, Citicorp Australia Group Retirement Fund (1987 – 1988)
Current Club Plus Super Committee Membership
- Risk and Audit Committee - Chair
- Remuneration Committee - Chair
- Investment Committee - Member