The Board: Profile John Hawker
Appointed: August 1999
Appointed by: United Workers Union
Summary of Relevant Experience
John has served as a director of Club Plus Super since 1999 and Club Plus Financial Planning since May 2010. During his time on the Board, he has held the positions of Chair and Deputy Chair and has gained experience as a member or chairman of each of the Trustee’s Committees.
John is a former President and Secretary of the United Voice NSW Branch Liquor and Hospitality Division. Following the merger of United Voice and the National Union of Workers in November 2019, he has been an Officer of the merged entity, the United Workers Union.
John also has over 30 years’ experience, including management roles, in the banking and finance sector.
Current and recent positions held:
- Club Plus Financial Planning - Chair (May 2010 - present)
- President – United Voice NSW Branch Liquor and Hospitality Division (July 2010 to July 2018)
- Secretary – United Voice NSW Branch Liquor and Hospitality Division (to July 2010 and from July 2018 to November 2019)
Current Club Plus Super Committee Membership
- Risk and Audit Committee – Member
- Member Experience Committee - Member
- Claims Subcommittee - Chair
- People and Governance Committee - Chair