The Board: Profile Philip Howard
Director (Employer Representative)
Appointed: January 2017
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia Professional year programme
Summary of relevant experience
Philip Howard has over 29 years’ experience in the financial services industry covering funds management and general financial services.
He is a former chairman of listed investment company Watermark Global Leaders Fund Limited and is Chair of its Audit and Risk Committee.
He was a director and company secretary of ASX-listed companies Platinum Asset Management Limited and Platinum Capital Limited. Prior to those appointments, he was Platinum’s chief operating officer for nearly 10 years. Prior to Platinum, he held senior roles in finance, operations and management with State Street Australia, Bankers Trust and Price Waterhouse Sydney.
He holds a Bachelor of commerce from the University of Tasmania and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia.
Current and recent positions held:
- Non-executive director & Chair of Audit & Risk Committee at Watermark Global Leaders Fund Limited (October 2016 present)
- Executive director (Finance) of all Platinum companies at Platinum Asset Management Ltd (March 2011 – May 2015)
- Director of Votraint No. 899 Pty Ltd (June 1995 - present)
Current Club Plus Super committee membership
- Risk and Audit Committee – Member
- Member Experience - Member