Other insurance information
Important information you should know
Your insurance premiums are deducted from your account at the end of each month and are forwarded to the insurer, OnePath Life Limited.
Premiums for Death and TPD are classified into five age bands and will depend on your age at your next birthday. Please refer to the Industry Insurance Booklet for insurance premium rates.
If you are an insured member and change jobs or employers, you will continue to be insured even when you change jobs. As long as you remain a member of Club Plus Super, continue to satisfy the eligibility requirements and your new employer makes Superannuation Guarantee contributions to us, your cover will continue.
The cost of insurance is based on the amount that your employer pays in SG contributions to Club Plus Super. The amount that is deducted from your account each week will equate to a percentage of the employer SG contributions. The cost of cover for Industry Division members is included in the table below:
For Personal Division members, the cost of insurance is as follows:
Generally, a person is eligible for automatic cover if:
- they have joined Club Plus Super because their employer pays their employer superannuation contributions to the fund
- they are an Australian Resident; and
- are aged less than 70 years.
In addition, there are other requirements below:
- You must not have previously received automatic cover in relation to the same account in Club Plus Super.
- You must not have received, be entitled to receive, be in a waiting period, or in the process of claiming a benefit for terminal illness.
- You must not have received, be entitled to receive, be in a waiting period for, or in the process of claiming a benefit for total and permanent disablement.
- You must be At Work. If you are not At Work, your automatic cover including any additional cover provided under the Special Offer will be Limited Cover. This means you will not be insured for death, Terminal Illness or TPD caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partially, from a Pre-Existing Condition.
- The first employer contribution made to your account in the Club Plus Super by your Employer must:
- (a) relate to your first 180 days of work with your Employer; and
(b) be received by us within 180 days after the Superannuation Guarantee Deadline that applies to the first day you worked for that Employer.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statements.
If you are going through the underwriting process, it is important to include all of the requested information the insurance application has requested. If you do not include all of the requested information, the insurer may void the contract within 3 years of entering into it.