This investment update is from Gemma Dooley, Chief Investment Officer at Club Plus Super.
- Markets recovered significantly over the last six months of 2020 after dropping ~35% in March 2020.
- The MySuper option was up 8.1% for the last six months of 2020 after falling 4.4% in the first six months.
- The election victory of Joe Biden in the US and the start of the global rollout of highly effective vaccines against COVID-19, have significantly reduced uncertainty over the global economic and market outlook for 2021.
- COVID-19 risks remain over the short term due to new strains and fresh outbreaks, as well as the unprecedented huge task in manufacturing and distributing vaccines on a mass scale.
- The experience from 2020 highlights the importance of keeping a long-term focus for super and why it is difficult to predict and time markets.
Read our portfolio update.
Investment performance is after investment fees and taxes, but before the deduction of administration fees. Investments can go up and down. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance.