This investment update is from Gemma Dooley, Chief Investment Officer at Club Plus Super.
- A remarkable rebound in markets has been the key feature over the past 12 months.
- The one-year return ending 31 March 2021 of the MySuper/Balanced investment option, was a very healthy 18.1%, after delivering -3.3% in the previous 12 months.
- Don’t get caught up with the emotional highs and lows of one-year results. Keep a long-term focus and ignore the short-term noise, positive or negative.
- The latest 10-year result is 7.5%pa, which is 2.6%pa above the objective for the MySuper/Balanced option.
- Looking forward, some uncertainty persists as the economy is still a long way from operating at full capacity and recovery remains dependent on the success of the vaccine keeping COVID-19 under control.
- We ensure that our investments options are well diversified across a range of different types of investments, referred to as asset classes.
Investment principles – Learn more about investments.
Investment performance is after investment fees and taxes, but before the deduction of administration fees. Investments can go up and down. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance.